Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It Appears I May Have To Apologize

This week's Letters To The Editor section of the Jewish Press contains the following notice:

Note to Readers: A letter appeared in last week’s issue purporting to be from a “Rabbi Rick Probstein.” We have since learned that the letter was not from someone named Rick Probstein. Though we make every effort to verify the identity of readers who submit letters for publication, the system obviously failed in this instance. We apologize for the error.

If that's truly the case, then I, too, have to offer my apologies to Rabbi Probstein. As such, if he truly did not write the letter in question, then I offer my apologies to him for identifying him as the source of the letter.

(Please note that this doesn't change my feelings about the sentiment expressed in the letter - it just means that I [and, apparently others as well] have lashed out at the wrong target.)

The Wolf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I join you in that apology.
BHB

Big-S Skeptic said...

the system obviously failed in this instance

If the Jewish Press has a system for identifying letter-writers, then cows must fly.