Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Off-Topic: Twenty Wonderful Years

It's very commonly said that you never know when a life-changing moment is going to occur. Sure, there are some of those moments that are scheduled... weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, graduations, etc. But then again, there are those moments that come along in one's life that aren't scheduled -- that happen completely by surprise, and yet have a profound, life-long effect, totally altering the course of one's life forever.

For me, such a moment occured twenty years ago today. It was twenty years ago today, Feb. 26, 1988, that Eeees and I met in, of all places, the Brooklyn Public Library. I am eternally grateful to HKBH that this beautiful young lady chose to say hello to me on that day, allowed me to walk her and her sister to Ocean Parkway, and allowed me to continue seeing her. Since then, my life has never been the same. It's been a whirlwind of love, happiness, joy, comfort and sharing. It's been one where I have someone with whom I can share life's triumphs and tragedies. It's been one where I know that someone out there truly loves me.

Eeees, thank you for being a part of my life for these past twenty years. I love you and hope we have many, many more years together.

Your Wolf

12 comments:

ProfK said...

May you be zocheh to grow together, in joy and health, ad mayoh v'esrim. Ain't love grand?

Ezzie said...

Amen to ProfK! That's really nice. :)

SuperRaizy said...

So sweet! Best wishes for many many more happy years together.

Anonymous said...

Aww... :)

Wishing you two the very best for all the years to come...

-suitepotato- said...

Congratulations on sticking it out. I sometimes think I've packed twenty years into ten. Maybe we did. Maybe that's why I can't remember much before we married.

Isn't it good when it works?

The Hedyot said...

So beautiful! May you be blessed with ever more love, joy and closeness in your lives.

Commenter Abbi said...

Mazel Tov.

You're very lucky to not only experience such happiness but to be able to verbalize it in such a sensitive, sweet way.

Ad meah v'esrim.

come running said...

Thanks for letting us know that there is the possibility of a love like yours'. It helps keep the hope alive. Mazel Tov!!

Anonymous said...

Dearest M.H. (the Wolf knows what it means!!),
I just wanted you to know that you are the sweetest most wonderful part of my life as well.
I still don't know what I did to be zocheh a delicious husband such as yourself, but I know that I am beyond grateful to Hashem for allowing me to have you for a husband and to have the wonderful marriage that we do.
I wish that all your readers are zocheh to have such bliss.
Looking forward to an eternity at your side,
Your EEEES

and so it shall be... said...

WHAAAAAAAAATTTTTT?

You met in a library?? Not through a shadchan???

Feh!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh..but we did have a shadchan..the same one as Adam and Chava. :)

and so it shall be... said...

True. True.

Now the challenge is to help more Orthodox Jews comprehend the same perspective. Just think ... we could make Am Yisroel a much closer nation, with many, many more happy, well adjusted marriages.

... enjoy yours ad maiah v'esrim!