Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Special Thanks to Vos Iz Neias

I want to commend the editor(s?) at Vos Iz Neias for bringing the matter of Rabbi Twerski to our attention. It was through his blog that I (and, I suspect, many others) learned of how Rabbi Twerski was threatened into stepping down from Dov Hikind's task force on sexual abuse. I've called out VIN in the past for editorial decisions that I disagreed with, so it's only fair and proper to give VIN credit for doing the right thing and bringing this to our attention (in contrast with another popular Jewish news site/blog which completely ignored the task force's formation and the events surrounding Rabbi Twerski).

The Wolf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that Rabbi twerski actually made up that he was threatened and just didn't agree with Dov Hikind's plan to publicize the names of molesters.

BrooklynWolf said...

Joseph,

Can you back up that assertion at all?

And if he didn't agree with Dov Hikind's plan, why wouldn't he just say no when first asked?

The Wolf