Thursday, September 03, 2009

Ain't Gonna Do It

A "rabbi" (he may actually be one, but I don't know) puts up a blog espousing very fundamentalist views.

His blog is full of completely fundamentalist Jewish viewpoints and (as is typical on such blogs) blasting anyone who has a different opinion than he does, calling people who disagree with him animals, heretics and idiots. He believes that women should rarely, if ever, be allowed out of the house. He maintains that going to any institution (such as a museum or the like) that is not run by his interpretation of the Torah should be avoided. He, like others, maintain that Zionists are evil. He favors ad hominem attacks over reasoned argument. In short, his blog is just about everything that I stand against in my blog. His blog has been around for at least a few months, if not longer, but doesn't seem to draw much traffic (at least judging by the comments).

He then emails *me* to tout his blog. He says that my blog should be of interest to him. He says that he hopes that I am strong enough to "rise above the mediocre thinking based on a materialistic world outlook and consider adopting" his viewpoint.

So, I'm left with one of three conclusions:

1. He's too stupid to see that I completely disagree with just about everything he says.
2. He's too lazy to read my blog and simply sent me an email without considering my opinion
3. He wanted to provoke me into an outrage post in order to drive traffic to him.

My money's on the last one.

Sorry... ain't gonna happen. In fact, I'm not even allowing comments on this post (a highly unusual move on my part) since I don't want people pointing to his blog even in the comments.

Feel free to email me if there are any questions. That includes you too Rabbi blogger.

The Wolf

Yeah, I know what you're saying: "He succeeded -- you put up this post." True, but it's not going to generate any traffic to him. And the info I did provide was generic enough that it shouldn't come up in a simple Google search.