7 Things I Can Do:
- Lain - anything (OK, not Tehillim, Mishlei or Iyov). But anything else I can do - regular, RH/YK, Megillos, etc.
- Write mirror image - a more-or-less useless habit I picked up in college.
- Make my wife laugh - pretty good considering how long we've been together.
- Design Games - I enjoy creating games - every step from designing the rules and concepts to prototyping the parts. I don't enjoy marketing them, however, so I don't.
- Explain complicated concepts simply - I can generally explain almost anything to almost anyone (provided I understand what it is I'm explaining, of course).
- Keep my mouth shut - I'm very good at keeping confidences, and I know well that one learns far more by keeping one's mouth shut rather than flapping it on every occassion.
- Relate well with children - of almost any age. Many adults I know don't know how to deal with infants, toddlers, schoolage chilren or teenagers. I can easily relate to and communicate with any of them.
7 Things I Can't Do:
- Carry a tune - I can lain decently, but beyond that, not too much. I used to be able to sing nicely until my voice changed as a teenager. I still enjoy singing, but I know that it's not too good.
- Meet people in a crowded room - I'm terribly shy in large groups. If I'm at a large group where I don't know most of the people there - just look for a guy standing in the corner by himself - it's me.
- Judge distances visually - for some reason, if you hold your hands apart, I can't estimate how far it is. Same thing with larger distances. I know my sukkah is 8 by 12, but if I didn't know it from the start, I'd never be able to guess it.
- Speak very quickly - I start stumbling over my words (except when I lain the Tochacha, which I can do *very* quickly and clearly)
- Stand on my hands - I've been trying since I was a kid.
- Build anything with my hands - I am the most unhandy person on the face of the earth.
- Make a decision when there is no real difference - if my wife asks me to choose between two outfits for her and they both look equally nice on her, I simply cannot make the choice.
7 Things I Hope To Do In My Life:
- Teach my children to be good, honest, warm, caring human beings (far above anything else I hope to accomplish with my life)
- Learn more Torah
- Write a fantasy or children's book or two
- Learn to build something
- Learn safrus - all my years of laining has given me a deep appreciation of safrus and I really hope to learn the craft someday. So far, my search for a teacher has been futile.
- Make my wife the happiest person on the face of the earth for many, many, many years.
- Win the lottery
People I'd Like To Infect With The Same Meme:
- Mississippi Fred McDowell (aka S. aka OnTheMainLine)
- Gadol Hador (even though he's probably above such things :) )
- Da'as Hedyot