Thursday, June 14, 2007

Unintended Consequences

Yeesh. When I wrote this post, all I wanted to do was to highlight the absurdity of claiming that 80% of divorces were caused by computers. Of course, I had to open my big mouth (or is it my big keyboard in this case) and cite examples... and that's what's been the biggest reaction yet.

Believe it or not, I've now gotten emails from both the Jews for Jesus camp and the Jonathan Pollard camp about my post. Of course, neither Jews for Jesus, nor Jonathan Pollard were the real point of the post; but that sort of got lost in all the emails that I get. Just about the only people who haven't written to complain are the rabbis who handle gittin. :)

To be honest, I don't really mind the letters. After all, I have just as much a right to be called on the carpet if I make stupid statements -- and there are times that I do (not that I think this was such a time... but I'm certain that there are other times when I say things that are stupid). Furthermore, I always enjoy a good argument and I always encourage my readers to contact me and let me know when they think I've made a mistake. I'll defend myself and, no doubt, I'll win some arguments and lose some. But I always value your input. Just keep in mind that while I try to respond to every email I get, I do have a life outside of this blog, and so sometimes an answer may not be coming immediately.

The Wolf

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I do have a life outside of this blog"
HERESY!!!!!
;)