Friday, August 18, 2006

Bloggers I Know

Ezzie and Steg posted about the bloggers that he's met In Real Life or via other media. I figured that it would be fun to do as well, however, I'm going to keep mine a lot simpler because (a) I don't know as many bloggers as he does and (b) I'm not going to use any confusing symbols.

So here goes:

Bloggers that I've met with face-to-face:
Hirhurim
PsychoToddler
PeskySettler - whom I've known for about 19 years (and who designed my blog banner)
Neandershort - although he doesn't know when he met me :) (or at least I don't think he does)
Joshua (commentor, not a blogger)
eeees (commentor, not a blogger. Of course, she sees me every day!)

There are others, of course, who have been at the same event as I, although we didn't meet face to face (or weren't formally introduced). They include:

Ezzie
Orthoprax
Just Passing Through
Sarah
Enigma4U
Canonist
Steve Brizel

and probably many others that I missed (please forgive me). If I missed you, please feel free to drop me an email and I'll correct it.

The Wolf

11 comments:

M-n said...

You missed one.

Tamara said...

Cool. I have met a bunch too. Including my boyfriend! I never ever thought that's how I'd meet a guy. And to top it off, we're in different countries and things are going pretty well!

I also met one of my closest friends via our blogs. Since we met a little over a year ago, she has visited me for 3 days, we attended a teaching conference out of state and I stayed a week with her.

There are others, what's amazing is how essential and beneficial the web can be. :)

Zev Stern said...

"Neandershort - although he doesn't know when he met me :) (or at least I don't think he does)"

Was it at an AOJS event in Queens? That would have been before I started my blog.
Or maybe it was at the Slifkin book launch last month.

Ezzie said...

Doing. Did I leave you off mine? I thought of you as I was writing it... :)

Oh man, I could never include commenters. I know a nice percentage of mine, considering that most aren't really "bloggers", but friends/family.

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

so, when do we get to meet up?

PsychoToddler said...

Next time we should meet under better circumstances.

BrooklynWolf said...

PT,

Amen!

Mis-nagid?

Did we meet face to face, or were you at one of the events. I don't remember meeting you F2F, but then again, you probably don't go around introducing yourself as "Mis-nagid" :)

The Wolf

Just Passing Through said...

I don't know if I can be considered a blogger anymore since I haven't posted in ages and no one seems to notice :-)

What event were we out together?

BrooklynWolf said...

You were at R. Slifkin's lecture at the Young Israel of Flatbush in June 2005. See your comment here.

The Wolf

Zach Kessin said...

I don't know if you met them, but Charlie Hall and Larry Lennhoff were at my wedding (as were you and your wife as I recall).

(this is Devora's husband in case you were wondering who I am)

Sorry for the late post

BrooklynWolf said...

Actually, Eeees and I weren't at your wedding... we, unfortunately, missed it - I have a cousin who got married the same day.

I since met Larry at one of Rabbi Slifkin's lectures.

(And of course I know who you are :) )

The Wolf